Spitemeventreceiver itemupdating Sextextchat

24-Feb-2019 09:18

Also not sure why the Event Receivers were missing in the first place.

It could be because some “questionable” actions happened during the setup of the site, but it could as well be a bug in Share Point 2010 RTM or later.

I have never used Http Context in event receivers till recently, so I was quite surprised when I got a Null Reference Exception, trying to access Http Context. Such simple class could resemble the following: Administration Allow Unsafe Updates Arc GIS ASP.

In my opinion the best way in this case is to have a class that is derived from SPItem Event Receiver, manipulates Http Context and serves as a base class for all custom event receivers.

There appear to be four (4) Taxonomy Event Receivers: The problematic library at the customer was lacking the first set of Event Receivers, which are responsible for syncing the hidden field. I can’t really explain why only some Content Types were affected.

I’ve written a one-off script (Console App) that loops all lists with a Managed Metadata field on all sites in the site collection and ensures the Taxonomy event receivers. I’m guessing the Optional/Required setting of the Managed Metadata field is involved somehow, but I didn’t really confirm that through testing.

Yous should use this object wiseley to achieve the goals you are looking for.Note The name "apps for Share Point" is changing to "Share Point Add-ins".During the transition, the documentation and the UI of some Share Point products and Visual Studio tools might still use the term "apps for Share Point".I tried reproducing that configuration in a new document library but there everything kept working, so the issue had to be with the existing library.Further analysis, comparison and reflection showed that the problematic library was missing some Taxonomy-related Event Receivers.

Yous should use this object wiseley to achieve the goals you are looking for.Note The name "apps for Share Point" is changing to "Share Point Add-ins".During the transition, the documentation and the UI of some Share Point products and Visual Studio tools might still use the term "apps for Share Point".I tried reproducing that configuration in a new document library but there everything kept working, so the issue had to be with the existing library.Further analysis, comparison and reflection showed that the problematic library was missing some Taxonomy-related Event Receivers. Current inside such methods as Item Added, Item Updated and so on as they are usually asynchronous and might be executed on any machine of Share Point farm. Current is null within synchronous Item Adding, Item Updating, etc. On the other hand, within the constructor of SPItem Event Receiver the Http Context. So, the possible workaround here is to get current Http Context inside the constructor, save it in a variable and then use in synchronous methods.